Academics & a Blog


The concept of academic blogging is rather new to me; however, I am more than eager to embrace it. As a lover of fashion, I tend to spend a lot of time following various fashion and celebrity gossip blogs. Now that I have created my own, I can combine ideas from the ones I am familiar with and my own personal creativity! "Inside Ju London" is my first blog and I was somewhat nervous at first because I was not sure of how confident I was to display my work. At the same time, I felt excited because people all around the world will be able to view my thoughts and person opinions on academics and the media. The special thing about blogging in general is that one is able to express and discuss their ideas freely with no boundaries.

Even more so, with academic blogging you are able to express and discuss your ideas freely as well as learning something new. Although there may be some people that will oppose or tear your what they call "premature" ideas apart, there will always be someone in the world that shares similar ideas and values as you do, and that will take the time to view your blog. What I also find interesting is that each blog post I make will be based on a particular topic chosen by the professor, and that I will also be able to raise my own questions involving my reactions to the weekly readings on my blog. This way not only does my point of view get across to my desired audience, but the ideas of other prestigious authors and scholarly writers will as well. With academic blogging there is never a wrong answer. As an official blogger, I believe I have entered into an environment of something that I have only recently picked up on; an “academia" (a community engaged in higher education and research).

No comments:

Post a Comment